There were some very enthusiastic thumbs up from Cole and Bennett. Ayla thought it was finger-licking good! Was there any doubt? I think I could put cream cheese icing on a stick and they’d love that too. This loaf really was good though. I’m pretty sure they all would have enjoyed it with no icing as well. It’s just nice to have a little treat sometimes.
Pumpkin Banana Loaf
1 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In another mixing bowl, add bananas, pumpkin, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased large loaf pan.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove loaf from pan and place it on a rack to finish cooling.
- Once loaf is completely cool, top with icing (if desired).
Cream Cheese Icing
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 tbsp butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
- Add in the milk slowly while beating, until desired consistency is reached