Don’t you just love a good celebrity chef showdown? Here’s your chance to judge delicious summer recipes from talented chefs and win prizes just for voting!
When you vote for your favourite Great Canadian Grille-Off recipes, you’ll be entered to win a $500 pre-paid credit card. As if that wasn’t great enough, you’ll also be automatically entered to win the grand prize: a sizzling summer grilling party hosted by a celebrity chef for you and your five lucky friends. PLUS, get a $2,000 pre-paid credit card so you can buy that grill you’ve been dreaming of.
To cast your vote and enter to win these fantastic prizes, just visit the Summer Grilling tab at the Club House La Grille Facebook page or http://www.grillon.ca from June 26th – July 3rd. That’s one full week to vote for your favourite celebrity chef recipe.
Here are the contenders with their mouthwatering recipes made with Club House La Grille BBQ sauces. Try them out at your next summer BBQ and let us know what you think.
Wild Whiskey Smoked Easy BBQ Beans
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Baked beans are great with barbecued food. When the inspiration hits, I want beans that are quick and delicious. The recipe is fast and easy, and can be cooked outside on a BBQ burner. For the delicious part, La Grille Wild Whiskey BBQ Sauce provides that.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
2 15 oz (470 mL) cans white beans of your choice.
4 slices bacon, diced
1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup (125 mL) Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Sauce
2 Tbsp (30 mL) light or dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
1/2 cup (125 mL) water
1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Club House chili powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House ground cumin
Club House Sea Salt Grinder
Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder
1. Drain the beans and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. In a pot, over medium high heat, cook the bacon until browned.
3. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
4. Add Club House la Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and add the beans.
6. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if the mixture looks too dry.
7. Check the seasoning and serve.
Whole Roasted Duck with Vintage Smokehouse Honey BBQ Sauce
Prep time: 6 hours in oven
At Fable we do a lot of family style cooking, one of our most popular recipes is whole duck. With the long slow roast and heavy basting of the duck, it makes for a nice sticky glaze that will impress.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 Yarrow meadows/Brome Lake whole duck
1 cup (250ml) Club House La Grille Vintage Smokehouse with Honey BBQ sauce
1/2 cup (125ml) Rice or wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250F, or 225F in a convection oven
2. Take your whole duck and let wash the outside well, pat dry and season with salt and pepper
3. Mix the BBQ sauce and vinegar with a brush
4. Place the duck in the oven, after 3 hours of cooking, start to brush the duck with the BBQ sauce every 30
5. Check the duck after 5 hours. The leg should pull away from the body very easily like a confit.
6. If not ready, leave in the oven 1 more hour.
7. Serve on a platter with your favourite grilled products, roasted potatoes and a side of the Vintage Smokehouse with Honey BBQ sauce.
The whole bird falls apart so just grab some forks and dig in!
I’d also love it if you could share your summer grilling stories with me this weekend! Tweet @Food_Whine using the hashtag, #FlavourStory
Have a wonderful Canada Day weekend!
This is a sponsored post.