It’s the first Monday of the month again (wow, those months go by fast, don’t they?), which means it’s MOLO Monday! This is when I get to show you creative ways to use up your leftovers by sharing recipes and a printable, editable shopping list.
This time we’re going Greek! First off – Greek meatloaf in muffin tins, followed by Greek pita wraps using the leftover meatloaf. I absolutely love making meatloaf in muffin tins. It speeds up cooking time, it’s great portion control, and they’re just plain fun to eat that way.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 kg extra lean ground beef
- 4-6 tbsp feta cheese
- Place the slices of bread in a food processor and blend until it turns to crumbs. Pour the crumbs in a large bowl.
- Place parsley, onion, and garlic in the food processor and blend until ingredients are fully diced and combined. Add them to the bowl of bread crumbs.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, lemon zest, egg and ground beef. Mix well until combined.
- Scoop meat mixture into a greased 12-cup muffin tin. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes or until meat has cooked through.
Serve the meat loaves with lemon rice and a Greek salad. This Greek salad recipe makes a lot of salad, so you’ll have enough left over to enjoy in your Greek pitas later. If you prefer your Greek salad to be fresh, just cut the recipe in half and make a new fresh salad for your pitas.
- 2 english cucumbers, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta, oregano and lemon juice.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Add ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until rice is cooked and liquid absorbed.
And that’s your first meal (and most of your 2nd meal) done! Set aside about half of the meat loaves and Greek salad for your Greek Pitas for the following day.
With most of the work done already from your first meal, these pitas are a breeze to make. They practically make themselves!
Here is the shopping list so you can create these wonderful Greek dishes yourself.
And you can browse back at other MOLO Monday posts if you want to incorporate those into your meal plan and shopping list as well.