This crockpot pudding cake fits the bill. I have a plethora of berries in my freezer from our family excursions to a local u-pick berry farm this summer, so I used some of them for this recipe. Blueberries and raspberries combined with a cinnamon vanilla cake topping makes a perfect summer treat.
Cole liked the pudding cake, especially with ice cream. Tony liked it a lot! He was the one who ate most of it and took it to work the next day too. Bennett, who usually loves everything, actually didn’t like this. He said it was too sweet. A kid who doesn’t like sweet things? What’s that about? I’m not complaining though, it’s a good thing…because it means more for me.
Crockpot Berry Pudding Cake
Adapted from Canadian Living Slow Cooker Collection
2 cups frozen blueberries
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grease bottom and sides of slow cooker. Add berries. Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar and cornstarch, then pour over the berries. Stir them together.
- For cake topping, beat together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Add to butter mixture a third at a time, alternating with half the milk at a time. Use a spatula to scrape the batter over top of the berries and smooth the top.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and lemon juice. Heat to boiling, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved. Pour over top of the batter.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, until the batter has cooked through. Remove the insert and allow to cool for at least an hour.
If you liked this recipe, try out these other summer berry desserts from Life Made Delicious:
Hot Fudge Cherry Pudding Cake
Triple Berry Angel Shortcakes
Three Berry Cheesecake
Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
Blueberry Pudding Pie
Fresh Blueberry Cobbler
Speaking of Life Made Delicious, it’s a big month for our friends at General Mills. Old El Paso has a new Facebook page; so check them out for exciting meal ideas. You’ll also be seeing some back to school lunchbox essentials from Mott’s with great coupons to go along with them. I’ll be posting more about this shortly, so stay tuned!
I am part of the Life Made Delicious Connector program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.